Sunday, August 28, 2011

Equipment for Juicing

Here's a list of things you'll need for juicing.

Juicer
I won't lie. A good juicer is expensive. And you can't go the cheap way here because cheap ones do not get enough juice from the produce and even worse, they heat up the juice to the point of destroying some of the enzymes. I'll go more into the differences between juices in a future post. I have a vertical single auger type juicer and I think it works well for greens, veg, and fruit.

Hurom HU-100 Juicer
This is the one I have. I've broken the screen already but since it's under warranty, they replaced it. It did take a LONG time to get the part though. This juicer is more for someone who juices just a few times a week, not for someone who does it almost every day. That's why I would buy the juicer below if I didn't have this one already.

Omega Vert HD Juicer
This one came out after I had bought the above juicer. It's almost identical but the juicer screen is 8 time stronger. It doesn't cost that much more so I'd recommend this one.
There are other types of juicers and I'll explain why I think the vertical single auger juicers are the best for my style of juicing in a future post.

Good Set of Knives
Cutting Board
Towels (Trust me--will come in handy--things can get a bit messy.)
Glasses
Large Bowls/Containers

*Optional*
Ball Canning Jars
You'll need these if you have any leftover juice. These jars keep the juice from oxidizing, which causes a decrease in nutritional value and flavor.

Glass Straws
I can't sing enough praise for Glass Dharma's straws. Why add any more to the landfill? These are elegant and strong. I got "Shorty Sippers" for my small glasses and wine glasses (I also use them for hot coffee and tea!) and "Decorative Dots Ice Tea" for tall glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment