Monday, August 29, 2011

A Note About Measurements

Some of my recipes contain exact measurements (oz, T, 5 leaves, etc.) and some are more vague (1 handful, 2 bunches, ). I will give the precise measurement if it's easy to measure/count or it's already been measured out. But there isn't really a point for me to pull out a scale or count how many grapes I used because these don't need to be precise recipes--it's not baking. For one, you might have a blender pitcher that's not the same size as mine. And your juicer might not pull the same amount of juice. Another thing is produce taste can vary greatly (not to mention your own personal taste). So 1 lime might taste great in my juice buy your 1 lime might not be enough for you. And my lime might be very sour and your lime might be pleasantly fragrant. With juicing, it's easy to taste and add as you go. With blending, it's a little bit more difficult to add more (especially if your pitcher is full) but not impossible. And hopefully you'll be able to be able to pick up tips and learn from my mistakes on here.

Sometimes I'll say exactly how much juice I got. That's because two of my containers for juicing are actually large measuring cups. Other times I'll just say how many servings. For juice, I consider a serving whatever fills up the pictured glass (don't forget the ice). With blending, I usually make a little less than what my pitcher holds (6 cups) so I don't even mention how many servings it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment