Thursday, January 19, 2012

Green Smoothie - "Frozen Blue"


3 leaves rainbow chard
2 large handfuls baby spinach
1/2 cucumber (not pictured)
1 small handful mango frozen
1 small handful pineapple frozen
1 small handful peaches frozen
1 large handful blueberries frozen
Handful raw pumpkin seeds
Ice 
Water

When I made this (a long time ago--I can tell by the plastic straw and the poor picture quality), I had a lot of partially used bags of frozen fruit. I decided to use it all up and not let the fruit get that frosty again. Because a lot of the ingredients were frozen, the blender had a hard time mixing it up. I didn't want it to be too watered down so I added the cucumber. Cucumbers and watermelon are great ways to add liquid to a smoothie without that weird watered-down taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment